Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bokeh.

Bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light." {wikipedia} 

I'm obsessed with it.

I got my fancy shmancy camera a year ago and still don't know the half of what it's capable of. I do know it's better than a point-and-shoot but beyond that, I haven't captured all the goodness. Mainly because I don't know or understand ANY of the terminology despite reading countless "helps" and "how to's".

But bokeh?

Ah, you are my love and I WILL own you soon - just give me some more time and practice.

Here's my first subject. Sit. Don't move. Let me take 750 pictures in a row until I see some light pops behind your head.  Who cares if your face is dark. I got my light pops.
Subject number two is falling asleep after only 400 shots. No fun blurry lights but I got more light on the face!
Tried to focus on my lens cap held out in front. Something wacky happened and I'd like to say I know exactly what, but I dont. I'll take it though. Got my blurry light pops!!
Oh look, she woke up. But I still haven't figured out how to get a person AND a tree to look the way I want at the same time.
And Subject #2 is officially bored and giving me the peace out sign. Thanks yo, cuz it got me some popping lights.
Triumphant at last!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe another tutoring session with your Aunt Trish would help. However, I like your pictures whether they are light, dark, or poppin lights in the background. Your subject matters are the cutest.