Friday, April 25, 2008

Beach Babies

Sunny Fridays are glorious around here. As soon as we entered April, I determined every Friday would be beach day. So far, the weather has been perfect and the babes are requesting beach trips more often (ahh, warms my heart). Since it's a whopping 15-minute drive to SSI beach and 15-minutes to Jekyll, we really have no excuse NOT to enjoy what we've been given. Now that Buster Boy is very mobile and over the sand eating, it makes our trips so much easier. I throw on my backpack chair, grab my bag, the babes hold hands and we make our way down the walkway. It really is too precious of a time right now and I have to pinch myself that this is my JOB! I thank my husband daily (well, most days) for allowing me to stay home, get a tan, play with cute kids, experiment in the kitchen, and leave the house a wreck while he works his tail off in an office that has no windows. One of the millions of reasons I love my hubby!

3 comments:

Laura Kirkland said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comment. I just ran across those pics and memories came flooding. I love your blog. I feel your love for the beach! I've got "beach in my blood"... so today I did what any person like us who lives in a town with no beach would do. I woke up early, took the kids to Target in their P.J.'s and bought a baby pool with 2 slides. We came home, blew it up, and proceeded to spread our yard toys our all over the yard, put umbrellas in the ground, and take Gatorade and Peanut butter sandwiches outside. Wearing bathing suits, of course. The kids had a blast and now I am feelin' that good sun on my skin. Right now, my little man is sleepin' and the girl and I are watching Cinderella 3. ha ha... From here on out, Fridays for me will either be backyard day or I may get season passes to White Water so that we can sit in the kiddie area on Fridays and pretend we are at Summer Waves... All the best to you as you "Beach it!" Maybe some day this summer the kids and I can meet up with you and Amy Fritchman and ya'lls kids.....

Anonymous said...

Inspirational. You learned from the best of Coke St. Enjoy every ray of the sun for me. I guess Orlando is not too far from the beach...but, it's just not the same.

~Beth

p.s. Happy birthday!

Jana & Jason Harwell said...

Happy Birthday, Boogie!