Monday, July 30, 2007

Turn the dark on!

Living with a 2 year old is not only interesting, but darn right hilarious. Here's a sample of recent conversations:

Me: "Can you turn the light on for me?"
LK: "Sure."
LK retrieves stool. Stands atop. Turns on light.
Me: "Thanks."
LK: "Now I'm going to turn the dark on."

Another...

LK: "Mommy, I need to go potty."
Panic sets in as I am unable at that instant to accompany.
Me: "Can you hold it for just a second?"
Bends down, places hands between legs, tinkles a wee bit.
LK: "Ok, I'm holding it."

And finally...

LK: "Wanna go on a trip?"
Me: "Sure."
LK: "Well get your purse and shoes and put your necklace on."
I oblige.
Me: "Where are we going on our trip?"
LK: "We're going to drink at the party!"
Milk and OJ leftover from supper, mind you.


I love my job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that kiddo!! I want your job; where do I apply?

MelC813 said...

Okay, Lily Kate sounds hilarious!! You have a great job, Suzanne!