Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Raising a Granola

To have grown up with my favorite meal being fish sticks and mac-n-cheese, and my favorite snack being Cheez-Its and sweet tea (by the gallons), it seems odd that I would produce a granola (although mac-n-cheese is still enjoyed weekly...mostly by me). I realized yesterday after a full day of making breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack or two that my girl is a tree-hugger. Here's her favorite menu:

Breakfast: Kashi Heart to Heart cereal topped with fresh blueberries AND strawberries with a side of whole-milk Lactaid

Lunch: Black bean quesadilla on a whole-wheat tortilla

Snack: Kashi TLC granola bar - Honey Almond Flax

Dinner: Baked Mahi Mahi, Cous Cous, Baby limas

I realize I'm the envy of most toddler's parents right now as I'm currently raising the perfect child(ren).

Note: Ok, there was that one exception that my girl ate an ENTIRE bag of Cheetos in one sitting. And that other time she ate 3 bags of "fruit" snacks because I didn't realize she'd had the first 2 bags. Oh and that one time she ate an entire bag of goldfish to bring an end to the incessant fussing in the car. And yes, that other time.........

Ok, so maybe I have a different definition of "perfect" parenting.

I have a feeling my boy is going to be more of a meat & potatoes kind of guy than a granola like his sister. Just a guess.

3 comments:

amy said...

Suzanne!
I'm turning into a granola too! I just moved to denver and my roommate works for a food allergies testing company so she gets all this free Kashi cereal and stuff. I eat more of that than anything now- mostly b/c it's free. I'm glad I know you're a blogger too... I'm way less consistent- sorry for the anxiety attacks- but I might put a link to your blog on mine if that's ok with you!

J. Harwell said...

I'm proud. Next thing you know she'll be composting and separating the bottles and cans for recycling. Way to go, LK!

J. Harwell said...

I'm proud. Next thing you know, she'll be composting and separating glass from plastic for recycling. Way to go, LK!