Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life with Twinkies Afloat

There has been good reason for my lack of bloggity updates.

Migraines.

Did I mention I've had a headache or forty during the last few weeks/months? Wowsers Papa Smurf. I keep trying to pull the "Isn't it enough that I'm carrying TWO babies?" to whomever wants to listen (mostly God) but then I get to feeling a little guilty when there's people in this world struggling with.......blah, blah, blah.

Oh, and a fabulous sinus infection. Why not? I love to feel as if my face is near explosion.

So today my head is still attached to my shoulders and my sinus cavity is a bit relaxed so I can stare at the computer for longer than 30 second intervals. Woo. Hoo.

13 WEEKS
We did go see Doc and check on the Twinkies and they are trucking right along. Sucking every morsel of calorie, brain cell, blood, etc from ME, but doggone it, they're healthy as larks! And we found out one of them is a BOY! And a proud one at that. Showing his manhood to the camera with pride. Carter was so proud.

The other was in the breech position and they couldn't get a good camera angle on the "gender" parts. Hopefully we'll find out at our December appointment.

The good part of only knowing one is that our tradition whenever we've found out the gender of our babies has been to celebrate with a handspun milkshake from Chick-fil-a. Now, instead of having to down 2 shakes after that last appointment (which I highly feel the Twinkies would have rejected), we get to go AGAIN!

We still don't know if they're identical or fraternal yet. If Twinkie A turns out to be a girl, then they're obviously fraternal. If it's a boy, then it could still go either way. The little line in between separating them shrunk a little - which would point more toward identical - but it's still not certain.

The News
When we shared the news with Sister, without batting an eye, she told us the other one was a girl. The thought of having 3 little brothers is not an option for her at this point. She is very meticulous and her first comment was, "Mommy, the other has to be a girl so we can be an even family with 3 boys and 3 girls." How did she even know the word "even"? And, hello? Did anyone tell her she's 3 years old, and 3 year olds don't have mad math skillz like this?

Buster Boy cared not a bit about the big news of a new baby brother. He just slammed Sister's barbie on her head and then jumped in his Flinstone car screaming "Bye! Bye!"

Boys.

A whole different breed.

And I'm adding more.

Ahhhhhhhhhh............

No comments: