Thursday, January 8, 2009

21 Weeks and Counting

Another great Doc's visit for the little Twinkies! They are both weighing in at 15 ounces each which is very good that they continue to be equal. That means that one is not swiping extra nutrients from the other. See, they're sweet and giving already!

I, on the other hand, am measuring in at 28 weeks - that's still 7 weeks ahead - that means I look like I'm 7 months preggers when I'm only 5. Doc so lovingly reminds me each visit, "You do know that you're gonna be HUGE, right?"

Thank you. I need that reminder. Sometimes I forget.

Next goal is 28 weeks. I have appointments before then, but that's our goal is to reach 28 weeks with no problems. Then we'll continue to reach other, smaller goals, week by week. The key is to AVOID BED REST at all cost because Sista here can't afford bed rest.

"Oh kids, Mommy is on the couch, you'll have to feed yourselves again - even though you can't open the fridge or reach anything in the pantry. Good luck with that."

"Buster, you've got a dirty diaper? Hmm. Well, Daddy will be home in about 7 hours and can take care of that promptly. Just sit tight."

"What? Y'all don't like spending all day inside in your pj's? Well, go outside then. Just make sure you behave responsibly since you are 3 and 2 years old. Here, take the phone just in case."

Yeah, bed rest = not an option.

When I asked Doc what I can do, besides lots of resting, to avoid it, he said "PRAY!"

That I can do.

1 comment:

Amber B. said...

When do we get to see a side view pic of this twin size belly?? :-) I bet you're adorable (even if you don't feel like it).