Sunday, March 6, 2011

Play ball!

There are few things I love more than the start of sports season.  I'm not too picky about which sports they are.  Ok, yes I am.  There are only 4 I will take part in willingly.

1. Any sport my own child plays - for now, just soccer.
2. Softball - playing, not watching
3. UGA Football
4. A live Braves baseball game

The rest of the sports/teams around are tolerable, but the true love is found in my top 4.

I still get nervous like I did when I was a kid and just starting out.  Now, that nervousness translates to my own children.  I'm nervous on behalf of them. Crazy I know, but I am a die hard athlete who finds pure joy in all things sports.

Like the first kick-off of the season...
Or going head to head with an opponent...
Or becoming red faced, sweating, hauling tail down the field to protect what's rightfully yours...
 Or finding yourself in enemy territory and finally breaking free...
It's a beautiful game.

Winning matters because everybody needs a victory in their lives. Losing matters because we all need to learn how to handle it gracefully and push ourselves to work harder. How you play the game matters because you can either be a show stopper or a show continuer - your choice. The life lessons are endless and I do not dread the days that we will have 4 kids in 3 different sports on 4 different teams at 4 different locations 6 days a week.

That is adrenaline to my veins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Big Sis in action. She's a dynamo.
Memes