Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bah-stin

Had a whirlwind 24 hour trip to Boston this weekend to see my oldest bro graduate with a doctorate's degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. First doc in our family. Even has a diploma with Billy Graham's signature (he's a co-founder of the seminary). Now that's pretty darn cool.

I feel like Boston is probably a fantastic town though I only really saw the airport, the seminary, and the traffic in between. I still haven't figured out why every city in America is not laid out like NYC. Whoever invented NYC's layout was a genius. Perfect 90 degree angles everywhere. Atlanta is a mess. Boston is a mess. You'd think they would learn from the Big Apple (no spaghetti junctions there), but nopers, they're still a mess.

Though it was a short trip, it was great to see the family - parents, brothers, sister-in-law, favorite nephews on the planet, and my faux-in-laws.

Here's a few pics from the grandeous occasion...

The brothas and me



Future doctors just like their dad!


A most scholarly young man!


The whole fam: Mom, Steve, Jerry, Suz, Dad

No comments: