Monday, May 18, 2009

Nothing Sweeter


Whew...it's been a tiring day for Daddy and the babies!

The babies had their 1 month doc's appointment today. They are growing like weeds and are both just over 7 lbs and 20 inches long. Thankfully the colds they're both suffering from are strictly in their heads and have not made their way to the lungs. We'll just ride it out and hope their breathing eases up very soon because it's just plain sad to listen to them struggle with a stuffy nose.
I am on week 3 of the Bells Palsy and it looks to be getting a smidge better. I can will my mouth to move ever-so-slightly on the paralyzed side which is HUGE strides from where I've been. My eye is cut to pieces, though, since I haven't closed it in 3 weeks. Guess that's par for the course. It twitches all day long so I'm hoping that means it's trying to remember how to close. That would be a clutch move! Still have the ear pain (which is not actually the ear but the 7th nerve that surrounds my ear), but even that is easing up just a little. I now only recognize that pain in the middle of the night when I'm up feeding babies. So...these strides may just be in my head, but I'm thinking we're moving in the right direction. Here's hoping.

No comments: