Monday, February 28, 2011

End of the Month Review: February.

Still cranking and haven't thrown my goals in the toilet YET!  2 months down, 10 to go.

The update on my Areas of Balance - my 2011 theme. In no particular order.

Spiritual: Reading the Bible in a year
So I'm WAY behind on the track I was following...as in, 163 chapters behind.  But LO, there is good reason.  See I happened upon the Book of Acts.  And then I stayed.  And then I stayed some more.  Track was telling me to leave, go on to greener pastures of Romans and I'm all, listen yo, there is some sweet goodness going on in Acts and I'm gonna stay here.  Dwell if you will.  And I'm getting more out of reading the Bible than I have in YEARS so I'm sticking around Acts as long as I want.  Track, I'll come back to you, don't worry.  Your train was just moving a little too fast for me.

Physical: at least 3 days exercise
BOMB!  P90x got the best of me and I gave Tony What's His Name the bird and walked away.  One saving grace....softball started yesterday so if I can pop in one or two more exercises per week, I'll be good to go.  And my tight pants will appreciate some extra room up in there.

Work: Grace Graffiti schedule
We're getting this thing down.  We have our monthly staff meeting, at least 1 work day or night when we're all together, and I have my set time each day to getting my responsibilities done.  So far, so good.  Now, go buy all our stuff so we can feed our starving kids.

Family: date day
Presidents Day spent at the beach IN FEBRUARY!  We all loaded up a picnic, played in the sand, screamed at the freezing ocean temps, held napping babies, and fried my legs in a beautiful striped pattern.  Perfection.

Marriage: date
A real date this month!  A real "Get out of the house and take the minivan with empty carseats" kinda date.  The in-laws came to town and babysat so the Husb and I could go out.  Shopping and dinner all by ourselves with nary a worry about things on the home front.  My Valentine.

Money: budget
Somehow, SOMEHOW, we had money leftover this month.  Can I tell you the last time that happened? I think it was back in '03.  We still can't figure that one out. But it's perfect timing because Big Sis ain't got a spring wardrobe because she grew about 7 inches last week and apparently public schools require clothing EVERY DAY.  They're so high maintenance.  So, now we've got some funds to get her un-nekkified.

Home: order
Order?  Yeah, there's none of that going on here.  Let's check this one off as a FAIL!  Maybe I'll come back to this one when all 4 are in college and not at home making messes.  Though, I kinda like them at home, even with their messiness.

It's off to March we go...

1 comment:

Rebecca Ricker said...

I was stuck in Hebrews and was SO sad when I finished! It's good to chew and meditate on the word! That's when you know your getting meat and not the milk!!! Chew on my friend!!!