Monday, May 2, 2011

End of the Month Review: April

Whoops, I missed the March update so we'll just sail through the April lowdown.

The update on my Areas of Balance - my 2011 theme. In no particular order.

Spiritual: Reading the Bible in a year
So I threw this one out the window.  Not THE BIBLE, silly!  Just the reading it straight through in a year plan. I got so caught up in Acts, then had to move along to Romans where I got bored so I went back to Acts to read it again.  And again. This is NOT in the read-through-in-a-year plan.  No time is allotted for going back and digging deep. So I leave you, dear plan, but you helped me find a spot I needed to sit in for a while.

Physical: at least 3 days exercise
I have 2 softball games a week. End of story. Much needs to be done here. Month of May? I'm counting on you. Thinking about bringing back P90x. I'll decide right after I finish this "sharing size" bag of peanut M&M's (which I'm not sharing, by the way).

Work: Grace Graffiti schedule
We have had one of our bigger months of "production" and that has been a blast. We get together 1-2 times during each month, and work via email and google docs the rest of the time. I've got a good system of naptime and nighttime "creativity" and can't believe I get to call this a JOB!

Family: date day
A week in Sanibel, FL. Ready to go back. Like yesterday.

Also had a date with extended family taking a sunset boat ride with dolphins swimming all around us. My parents were in town for my birthday so it was the 8 of us. Didn't want that ride to end.

Marriage: date
A good friend of ours came to town and we were able to secure some last minute babysitting and go have a cuppa joe at Starbucks to catch up with him. It only lasted an hour or so but we were in the car by ourselves which NEVER happens and we got to have adult conversation. Splendid. Cost: $4.

Money: budget
Thanks to our 4 little dependents (and boy are they ever dependent little boogers!), Uncle Sam returns some moolah back to us. Now to get it to last longer than 3 days.

Home: order
Oh heck, this home will never be considered "orderly" though it works for us. If only the laundry fairy would do her job.

To May we go...

No comments: