Friday, January 25, 2008

Cause you got...

[sing it with me now...]
Personality,
Walk, Personality
Talk, Personality
Smile, Personality
Charm, personality
Love, personality
And of course you've got a great big heart...

I wonder how many parents sit around and dissect their children's personalities. I mean really dissect. Not just the "oh she gets that from me" or "she's sweet like her daddy" stuff. I'm assuming all parents do...maybe they don't start until their kids get older and show true signs of a personality. Not sure. I've only been a parent once. But we sat around last night for a good hour digging in to our kids' personalities...mostly The Girl's. Right now The Boy just tumbles, wrestles, hangs upside down and cuddles. Fairly easy to predict. The Girl, though, wowsers, quite a different story. A thinker. An intellectual. An artist. A requirer of attention. And all of this before the big 0-3. What in the world will this look like at 10? at (oh dear heavens) 16? at 30? It's going to be fun to watch it play out, to see if what we're thinking now is actually on target or just a phase. And good gravy, whoever said boys and girls are different was right on. North Pole and South Pole living under my roof and I LOVE IT! Wouldn't want it any other way. I think it's hysterical...for now.

No comments: