Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of the month review: January.

So I haven't completely forsaken all of my New Years resolutions yet, and for me, at the end of January, that's BIG NEWS! I don't think I've ever made it quite this far.

The update on my Areas of Balance - the 2011 theme. In no particular order.

Spiritual: Reading the Bible in a year
Not gonna lie. A bit behind on this one BUT I'M NOT QUITTING! And by behind, I mean by 81 chapters. But those are just numbers. And it's only January. Plenty of time to catch up. I like to cruise through at my own pace obviously.

Physical: at least 3 days exercise
BOOYAH!! This one's a winner. Started P90x and while I feel no pressure to accomplish this crazy man's torturous dvd's in 90 days, I do plan on sticking with it for as long as I can handle his face. Been averaging about 4-5 days/week. Oh, and my muscles are HUGE.

Work: Grace Graffiti work schedule
The GG girls are having regular staff meetings which is F.U.N. We're such big girls. We have agendas and everything. Sometimes we even use big words like "finances" and "merchandise".

Family: date day
Best day of the month by far. Spent the gorgeous afternoon at the beach playing in the sand and flying kites. Ended the evening in the Village having dinner at our old fave Barbra Jeans. Just the 6 of us.

Marriage: date
Ummmm....somebody (I won't name names) gets a little sleepy on our Saturday night Red Box movie dates and has yet to finish one of these rented flicks. We may have to opt for actual babysitting and an out-o-house date in the future if I'm to keep my eyes on the prize. Dang narcolepsy.

Money: budget
Done. February's chump change is already allotted so don't go trying to sell me any girl scout cookies.

Home: order
Getting there. The Husb has taken on some things I was beginning to loathe (i.e. menu planning and grocery shopping). I feel like I had a good hold on laundry (at times) and the chaos of the house will always be with my crew so I just have to manage it. Some days better than others.

It's off to February we go...

1 comment:

Meg said...

I was just thinking about your balance today! I know, apparently I need more to do... How funny! I'm so jealous of you actually writing down what needs to happen to gain "balance"...If you don't mind, I'm gonna copy you!! Feb. is a new month...perfect to start a new thing right?

I'll let you know... :) Thanks for inspiring me.